$1,000 Scholarships Available for ages 17-21
$500 Scholarships Available for ages 12-16
[funded by a Cooperative Agreement with USDA/APHIS]
To encourage education and development of youth involved in the goat industry and who hold a current membership, or whose parents or guardians are members in The American Goat Federation or any of its member organizations.
MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS: Alabama Meat Goat & Sheep Producers, American Boer Goat Association, American Dairy Goat Association, American Kiko Goat Association, Cashmere Goat Association, Hawaii Sheep & Goat Association, North American Pack Goat Association, Texas Sheep & Goat Raisers Association] Find out More
AGF Member Services
- Free Marketing Page for Goats and Goat Products on the AGF Website that links to Goatzz.com where the information will also appear. AGF has partnered with Goatzz.com to create a stronger goat industry through our combined marketing efforts. On-site searching of member farms and member goats for sale is available. Each AGF member gets their own farm profile, plus other things and it is all free.
- Free excel-based Goat Production Recordkeeping and Performance Program for recording information about members' goats. The program, GHIP-AGF (Goat Herd Improvement Program) was developed by Dr. Ken Andries of Kentucky State University, a member of our Advisory Council and Past President of AGF. The program is personalized for each producer, and the program includes all information required by the Scrapie Eradication Program.
- Upgrade to Go360 bioTrack Program for discounted price, an advanced Recordkeeping & Performance Program designed and maintained by AgSights. AGF has partnered with AgSights to offer the Go360 bioTrack Program to our members for a discount off the price through February 28, 2020.
- Opportunities to add opinions and needs to national surveys that determine how federal money is spent (money that comes from the taxes goat producers pay).
- Opportunities to help find, initiate and support research that is beneficial to their operations.READ MORE
The American Goat Federation promotes and facilitates the development of all segments of the goat industry including dairy, meat and fiber, by encouraging sound public policy, enhancing production and marketing of goat products, and promoting research beneficial to our member organizations and all producers.
Approved 1-23-10 Nashville ASI Meeting
- October 5-12, 2020: American Dairy Goat Assoc Annual Convention, Syracuse, New York.
- October 28-31, 2020: National FFA Convention, Indianapolis, Indiana. The 2020 Convention will be a virtual event. AGF will exhibit.
- First Week of February, 2021: AGF Annual Meeting (most likely virtual) More Info Later.
- July 15-17, 2021: American Meat Goat Classic, Greenfield, Indiana. More Info
- September 19-20, 2021: National Goat conference, Prairie View A&M University, Texas, More Info Later
- AGF Visit to the "Hill." In March this year, just as Covid began to break out in America, Randy Dusek, American Goat Federation (AGF) President and Tammy Fisher, AGF Legislative and Public Policy Chair went to Washington, DC as part of the American Sheep Industry fly in. They met with a contingent of Scientists and Government officials with Agriculture Research Service (ARS) in Beltsville, Maryland. several members of congress and their staff members on Capital Hill, and representatives from USDA, the EPA, the Office of the US Trade Representative, and Department of the Interior. Read More
- American Goat Federation 2020 Annual Meeting On Tuesday morning, January 21 American Goat Federation directors, advisors, members and others gathered at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for the 2020 Annual Meeting. After taking care of general Federation business two new directors were appointed to the Board. Tammy Fisher is an attorney with her own small town law practice. She is a fifth-generation sheep, goat and cattle rancher in Sutton County, Texas. Dr. Alison Crane is the Kansas State University Sheep and Meat Goat Specialist. She received her Ph.D. in animal science from North Dakota State University.
Three new Advisors were added to the AGF Advisory Council. Dr. Stephen White from USDA Animal Research Services, Dr. Rosie Busch from UC-Davis, and Dr. Natalie Urie from USDA NAHMS who replaces Dr. Katherine Marshall on the Council. The American Goat Initiative (AGF) hosted the Small Ruminant Vaccine Development Roundtable that afternoon. Read More
- Livestock Surrogates Successfully Made Fertile Read More
- Australian Goat Industry News
- NRCS - Determining How Effective NRCS Conservation Practices are at Protecting Wetland Functions in Agricultural Landscapes
- Sale of kid goats for food or fiber (Not those sold for breeding)
- Sale of goat milk
- Turn in all receipts for 2019 sales to verify the dollar amount of revenue produced.
- Organize receipts and highlight pertinent information that identifies the animals being claimed (description of the animals and the sales derived from them).
- Enter the total dollar amount on the worksheet for the FSA (Farm Services Agency) office.
2019 Sales Range Payment Factor Up to $49,999 ----------- 10.6% $50,000-99,999 ----------- 9.9% $100,000-499,999 --------- 9.7% $500,000-999,999 --------- 9.0% All sales over $1 Mil. -------- 8.8%
The AMERICAN GOAT INITIATIVE
Mission: Advance the US Goat Industry through Education, Scientific Research and Collaboration.