The American Goat Federation works to unify, improve and advance the American goat industry in an effort to assist producers achieve maximum success. AGF represents the interests of more than 150 organizations and thousands of producers engaged in the sustainable production and marketing of goat milk, meat, fiber, breeding stock and grazing services across the United States. The American Dairy Goat Association, American Boer Goat Association and the Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers are all members of AGF. Members of AGF can participate in government and research surveys that can affect the goat industry, receive reduced fees for AGF Seminars, and help support various activities of other goat-related organizations. AGF promotes the development of all segments of the goat industry including dairy, meat and fiber, by encouraging sound public policy, enhancing production and marketing of goat products, and promoting research beneficial to our member organizations and all producers. Read More
The American Goat Federation promotes and facilitates the development of all segments of the goat industry including dairy, meat and fiber, by encouraging sound public policy, enhancing production and marketing of goat products, and promoting research beneficial to our member organizations and all producers.
Approved 1-23-10 Nashville ASI Meeting
- July 16: The American Angora Goat Breeders Assoc Annual Meeting will be held in Kerrville Texas. Read More
- July 21-23: The 101st Annual Convention of the Texas Sheep & Goat Raisers' Assoc will be held at the Y O Ranch Hotel in Kerrville, Texas. Read More
- September 22-24: The 6th Tennessee Dairy Goat Conference will be held at the Lane Agri-Park Facility, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. It is sponsored and hosted by the Tennessee State University Cooperative Extension Program. Read More
- October 25-30: The American Dairy Goat Assoc Annual Convention will be held in Austin, Texas. Read More
- January 25-26, 2017: American Goat Federation 2017 Annual Meeting and Producers' Seminar will be held in Denver, Colorado. Read More
THIS IS JUST A SPACER
The American Goat Federation needs your membership and support so we can continue to meet the needs of all producers and relay information about goat producers' concerns and challenges to the USDA and others who make decisions that affect our industry. Please consider joining AGF, and help us make a difference. Whether you are part of an organization with twenty or hundreds of members; or an individual producer; or a business or organization that provides products or services to goat owners....you can make a difference!
Scrapie Eradication Program Education
The American Goat Federation awarded Scrape Eradication Education grants to organizations interested in providing an information seminar on the subject between March and September, 2016.
Those associations include:
Those associations include:
- The American Boer Goat Association
- The Texas Sheep and Goat Raisers Association
- The Kentucky Sheep & Goat Development Office
- The Southern Goat Producers Assoc (SGPA)
- The Southeast Small Farmers Network
- The American Dairy Goat Association
- The Tennessee State University-University of Tenessee Programs
- The High Desert Grange
VISIT the National Scrapie Eradication Program Web Page for more information about Scrapie
FOLLOW THIS LINK To learn about how Scrapie Affects the Market for your Breeding Stock and your goats:
With the exception of a few grants, membership fees and donations fund the programs we provide and the expense of representing the interest of all goat producers in the United States.