The American Goat Federation promotes and facilitates the development of all segments of the goat industry including dairy, meat and fiber, by encouraging sound public policy, enhancing production and marketing of goat products, and promoting research beneficial to our member organizations and all producers.
Approved 1-23-10 Nashville ASI Meeting
$1,000 Scholarships Available for ages 17-21
$500 Scholarships Available for ages 12-16
[funded by a Cooperative Agreement with USDA/APHIS]
A record number of applicants are participating in the FY20 Scholarship Program. Scholarship awards and applicant presentations will be published here on this site by August 30, 2021 after the projects are judged and Scholarships awarded. The judges team consists of vounteer professors, veterinarians, experienced producers and other industry profesionals. The projects are judged on accuracy, content and creativity. Applicant age is taken into account.
AGF Member Services
- Free Marketing Page for Goats and Goat Products on the AGF Website that links to Goatzz.com where the information will also appear. AGF has partnered with Goatzz.com to create a stronger goat industry through our combined marketing efforts. On-site searching of member farms and member goats for sale is available. Each AGF member gets their own farm profile, plus other things and it is all free.
- Free excel-based Goat Production Recordkeeping and Performance Program for recording information about members' goats. The program, GHIP-AGF (Goat Herd Improvement Program) was developed by Dr. Ken Andries of Kentucky State University, a member of our Advisory Council and Past President of AGF. The program is personalized for each producer, and the program includes all information required by the Scrapie Eradication Program.
- Upgrade to Go360 bioTrack Program for discounted price, an advanced Recordkeeping & Performance Program designed and maintained by AgSights. AGF has partnered with AgSights to offer the Go360 bioTrack Program to our members for a discount off the price through February 28, 2020.
- Opportunities to add opinions and needs to national surveys that determine how federal money is spent (money that comes from the taxes goat producers pay).
- Opportunities to help find, initiate and support research that is beneficial to their operations.READ MORE
- October 2, 2021: Artificial Insemination in Goats held by the American Institute for Goat Research. Online and in person. More Info
- October 16–17, 2021: Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Association annual conference and meeting in Norfolk, Nebraska. More Info
- October 22-26, 2021:2021 USAHA & AAVLD Annual Meeting in Denver, Colorado (both virtual and in person). More Info
- October 22-23, 2021: Spanish Goat Roundup Seed Stock Sale & Educational Event, San Angelo, Texas. More Info.
- October 27–30, 2021: National FFA convention held in Indianapolis, Indiana. More Info
- November 2-4, 2021: National Institute for Animal Agriculture 11th Annual Antibiotic Symposium, Kansas City, Missouri. This is planned to be an in-person event. More Info
- November 8-14, 2021: American Dairy Goat Association Convention, Tuscon, Arizona. American Goat Federation will hold a meeting at the Convention also. More Info Later.
- November 12-13, 2021: Southeast Kiko Goat Association Round up and Sale held in Covington, Georgia. More Info
- November 13, 2021: American Goat Federation Annual Meeting, Tuscon, Arizona in conjunction with ADGA National Conference. American Goat Initiative meeting in the afternoon, same day. More Info Later.
- November 16, 2021: IGA (International Goat Association) Virtual Conference – Goats of the World and World of Goats will take place from 2pm to 6pm European Time (Paris time). More Info
- December 6-9, 2021: 8th National Grazing Lands Conference, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: More Info
The AMERICAN GOAT INITIATIVE
Mission: Advance the US Goat Industry through Education, Scientific Research and Collaboration.