Youth Scholarship Program
- All Projects must be received at the AGF Office by June 1, 2022.
PURPOSE: To encourage education and development of youth involved in the goat industry and who hold a current membership, or whose parents or guardians are members in The American Goat Federation or any of its member organizations.
A record number of applicants participated in FY20. Six $1,000 scholarship awards and one $500 award were presented to 7 applicants. The judges team consisted of vounteer professors, veterinarians, experienced producers and other industry profesionals. The projects are judged on accuracy, content and creativity. Applicant age is taken into account.
- PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS: TIER 1
- The applicant must be 17 or under the age of 22 as of January 1, 2022.
- The applicant must:
- be enrolled in an accredited college, university, or vocational education program, or planning to attend post high school training OR
- specify use of the funds to attend a goat-oriented educational and/or national goat-related event (e.g., National FFA convention, ABGA convention, ADGA convention, 4-H Education, National Goat Conference, TSGRA Convention, etc.).
- PROGRAM EXPECTATIONS: TIER 2
- The applicant must be 12 or under the age of 17 as of January 1, 2022.
- The applicant must:
- specify use of the funds to attend a goat-oriented educational and/or national goat-related event (e.g., National FFA convention, ABGA convention, ADGA convention.), or other similar educational opportunity, or hold funds for attendance at an accredited college, university, or vocational program at a later date.
- REQUIREMENTS: BOTH TIERS
- Completion and presentation (to a peer group) of a goat-related educational project about scrapie with a focus on animal identification and recordkeeping, or Q-fever with a focus on proper management and negative consequences for producers and the general public. Presentation may be in the form of a poster project, paper with pictures, power-point presentation or a video.
- Scholarship Application accompanied by a short biography must be received in the AGF office and postmarked or emailed by May 1, 2022.
- >Project must be received at the AGF office and postmarked or emailed by June 1, 2022.
- Projects will be judged by an independent panel appointed by the AGF Board of Directors.
- An Applicant is eligible to apply for the award only once during the award year, and applicants who have received a scholarship are not eligible to apply again.
- Parents must complete and sign the parent section on applications for youth under the age of 18 at time of application.
- Scholarships will be awarded by August 30, 2022.