The American Goat Federation (AGF) is a 501 (c) 5 Non-profit Organization
The net earnings of the organization may not inure to the benefit of any member; and
The objects of the organization must be the betterment of conditions of those engaged in the pursuits of labor, agriculture, or horticulture, the improvement of the grade of their products, and the development of a higher degree of efficiency in their respective occupations.
Generally, an organization is not described in section 501(c)(5) if its principal activity is to receive, hold,invest, disburse,or otherwise manage funds associated with savings or investment plans.
Seeking legislation germane to the labor or agricultural organization's programs is recognized as a permissible means of attaining its exempt purposes. Thus, a section 501(c)(5) organization may further its exempt purposes through lobbying as its primary activity without jeopardizing its exempt status. However, a section 501(c)(5) organization that engages in lobbying may be required to either provide notice to its members regarding the percentage of dues paid that are applicable to lobbying activities or pay a proxy tax.
The exempt purposes of a labor or agricultural organization do not include direct or indirect participation or intervention in political campaigns on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office.A section 501(c)(5) labor or agricultural organization may engage in some political activities, however, so long as that is not its primary activity.However, any expenditures it makes for political activities may be subject to tax under section 527(f). For further information regarding political and lobbying activities of section 501(c) organizations, see Election Year Issues, Political Campaign and Lobbying Activities of IRC 501(c)(4), (c)(5), and (c)(6) Organizations, and Revenue Ruling 2004-6
See also this recorded presentation on 501(c)(6) organizations.
For a more detailed discussion of the exemption requirements for section 501(c)(5), see IRC 501(c)(5) Organizations.
This website may include links to and/or content syndicated from other sites operated by third parties. Such links and syndicated content are provided as a convenience to our visitors and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not reviewed all of the information on other sites and are not responsible for the content of any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those sites. The inclusion of such links or content also does not implicitly indicate the endorsement, support or approval of the contents by the American Goat Federation (AGF), unless so stated.
In addition, the inclusion of such links or content does not implicitly indicate endorsement, support or approval of the contents of this site or the policies or positions of AGF by those third parties.
The information found on this website is provided “AS-IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you become a member of AGF by using the online Join Us form, or request receipt of the E-Newsletter. If you become a member, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process transactions
- To provide you with information
- To send periodic emails and newsletters.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested. The email address you provide for your membership may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account, in addition to the AGF E-Newsletter, updates, and other information, we believe is of interest to you.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, email us at info@AmericanGoatFederation.org.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter, simply click on unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
How do we protect your information?
- We use a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you use our online membership renewal or join service. We use a secure server. ALL information on our site is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, in addition to other forms of web security that protect you as well when you visit our site. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL and then encrypted into our Paypal account. We do not store any private payment banking information or credit card information on our server.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting the business of our association, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to our site host for marketing, advertising, or other uses.