The research and education function of the American Goat Federation (AGF) is carried out within the guidelines of the by-laws and policy positions of the Federation. The Federation makes recommendations to influence the research agenda of land grant universities, USDA agricultural research service and other institutions or agencies to focus on biological, economic and social issues that impact on efficient production and profitable marketing of goat milk, meat, fiber and vegetation control services, as well as the safety of animal products.
AGF organizes and supports forums to provide interpretive reviews of updated information from research, demonstration and educational endeavors of its own making or that of partners.
These forums allow AGF membership to access more clarity in animal and enterprise management practices and product marketing options which will make optimum use for natural resources and support sustainable enterprises which operate at a profit.
Another part of our education activities is to provide links to reliable resources for both novice and experienced goat producers. To view the resources we have included visit our Resources Page: Resources
Slide Show Presentations
- Hobby Goat Games – Raising goats and Kids Together
- So, You Want To do Meat Goats
- Boer Goats to Market Goats: The U.S. Industry from Here to There
- Raising Surplus Dairy Goat Kids for the Slaughter Market
- Management Influences on Break-Even Price/Pound of Slaughter Kids
- Fundamentals of Marketing Meat Goats and Goat Meat
Evaluation and Selection
Kidding and Rearing
- Why Goat Producers Should be Concerned about Q Fever
- Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy in Small Ruminants
- National Scrapie Eradication Program Guide for Goats