Dr. Ken Andries is an animal geneticist working as assistant professor and animal sciences specialist at Kentucky State University. He has worked with the meat goat industry for 12 years, specializing in genetics and production records. He started the Goat Herd Improvement Program (GHIP) which helps producer utilize on-farm performance records. He serves on the NSIP (National Sheep Improvement Board) and is part of the Extension Goat Community of practice.
- July 13, 2018: Cedar County Livestock Skill-A-Thon will be held in Tipton, Iowa.
- July 14, 2018:South Dakota Goat Workshop will be held in Brookings, South Dakota.Read More
- July 19-21, 2018: Texas Sheep & Goat Raisers 103rd Annual Convention will be held at the Y.O. Hotel
- August 17-18, 2018: Texas Sheep & Goat Expo will be held at the San Angelo Fairgrounds, Texas
- September 16-18, 2018:AGF will exhibit at the National Goat Conference being held at Tuskegee University in Alabama. Tom Boyer, AGF Director, will be a keynote speaker. Read More
- September 19, 2018AGF Representatives will attend the USDA Sheep & Goat Sector Meetings in Washington, DC.
- October 16-21, 2018:AGF will exhibit at the American Dairy Goat Association Annual Meeting being held in Bloomington Minneapolis South, Minnesota. Read More
- October 23-26AGF will exhibit at the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- January 22-26, 2019: 2019 American Goat Federation Annual Meeting and Producers Seminar will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana. Read More