Mission: Advance the US Goat Industry through Education, Scientific Research and Collaboration.
Vision: Improve industry knowledge, vision and growth by educating producers, processors, distributors, marketers and consumers. Increase efficient production while ensuring product safety and food security by supporting and coordinating scientific research projects that meet the A.G.I. Mission.
Operations Statement:A.G.I. is a non-profit foundation that serves as an independent arm of the American Goat Federation (AGF) under the management of its own Trustees with its own bank account. The non-profit corporation conducts its own business and is accountable to AGF only for finances with an annual full report of its activities. The AGF Office provides administrative support for AGI at cost as requested. No less than 3 and no more than 7 Trustees are appointed by the AGF Board of Directors and serve staggered two year terms or until replaced. The first year trustees’ terms will be adjusted to insure staggered terms. See the Articles of Corporation for expanded details.
Tax deductible donations may be sent directly to the American Goat Initiative Office. Tax deductible donations may also be made on the AGF website by filling out the appropriate form.
- Solicit tax deductible donations for use in fulfilling the AGI Mission.
- Support scientific research and stakeholder education in goat science and technology.
- Select and coordinate scientific research in market development, production, environmental and other industry areas as identified by the trustees and stakeholder input.
- Promote increased sustainable production through education, scientific research, and other efforts.
- Promote responsible practices in animal husbandry and environmental stewardship through education.
- Increase consumer knowledge through education.
- Provide industry direction and leadership.