A major activity is SCRAPIE ERADICATION PROGRAM and Q-FEVER EDUCATION that AGF offers through a grant provided by USDA/APHIS. In 2016 the American Goat Federation solicited applications from organizations interested in assisting with this educational activity. Grants were awarded to the following organizations.
- The American Boer Goat Association: June 6 - 10, 2016 [ABGA National Show - Grand Island, Nebraska]
This grant was used to provide flash drives containing information about the Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever to all the exhibitor families. In addition, an educational presentation was available during the entire show for people to view on big screen, and have questions answered.
- Texas Sheep & Goat Raisers Association: Throughout 2016
TSGRA is using this grant to provide information about the Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever at regional events being held in Texas.
- University of Tennessee: October, 2015
This grant was used to provide flash drives containing Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever information to attendees at the Fall Producers Semiar.
- Kentucky Sheep & Goat Development Office: October 8, 2016 [Boone County Enrichment Ctr - Burlington, Kentucky]
KIO Tri-State Small Ruminant Summit - Let's Grow Together for sheep and goat producers. Attendees will receive printed information on the disease along with the AGF flash drives containing information on the Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever, and information on how to get a Premise ID and tags.
- High Desert Grange: May 7, 2016 [Heritage/Hutchings Indoor Arena - Fallon, Nevada]
AGF Flashdrive containing the Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever information were handed out to exhibitors at the High Rollers Jackpot Livestock Show. The Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever information presentation was available for exhibitors and visitors to view.
- Southern Goat Producers Association: June, 2016 [conference] July - September, 2016
This grant is being used to provide the AGF flashdrives containing Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever information as well as making the presentation about Scrapie and Q-Fever available to attendees to view.
- Southeast Small Farmers Network: Throughout 2016
This grant will be used to provide information to goat producers at trainings and certification programs throughout the state with the personnel at FAMU Vet Tech School. AGF Scrapie and Q-Fever flashdrives will be given to attendees along with other information
- Tennessee State University: Throughout 2016
This grant is being used to provide Scrapie Eradication Program and Q-Fever information to attendees at the Advanced Master Meat Goat Producer Courses, the Dairy Goat Conference, and Browsing Academies that Dr. Peischel conducts in Tennessee and throughout the USA>
- The American Dairy Goat Association: October 25-30, 2016 [Austin, Texas]
This grant will be used to provide Scrapie Eradication Program information and Q-Fever information at the annual conference.