Gary Newton received his Ph.D. in Animal Science from the University of Kentucky in 1986 and completed postdoctoral training in the Department of Dairy Science at the University of Florida in 1989. He accepted a Research Scientist position with the Cooperative Agricultural Research Center in 1989. His research focuses on improving the efficiency of artificial insemination and embryo transfer in goats. He is currently a Research Scientist Leader and Director of the International Goat Research Center at Prairie View A&M University, in Texas. He is serving a 3-year term on the Editorial Board of Domestic Animal Endocrinology. The journal covers the entire spectrum of endocrinology at the whole animal, organismal, cellular, and molecular levels, with a focus on domestic species. He previously served as Associate Editor - Reproductive Physiology, for Small Ruminant Research (1/2012 – 12/2014) and as a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Animal Science (2005 – 2007). He served as a Peace Corp volunteer in Malaysia from 1976 until 1978, working in agricultural extension and rural development. He interests in international agriculture and development continues to shape his academic pursuits.
- June 9-14, 2019: American Boer Goat Association (ABGA) National Show, Grand Island, Nebraska. Learn More
- July 6-13, 2019: American Dairy Goat Association (ADGA) National Show, Redmond, Oregon. Learn More
- July 25-27, 2019: "Soil to Table" New York Grass Extravaganza, at Suny Cobleskill, Cobleskill, New York. Learn More
- August 16-17, 2019: Texas Sheep & Goat Expo, First Community Spur Arena, San Angelo, Texas. Learn More
- September 13-14, 2019: Spanish Goat Gathering, Lane Agri Center, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- September 18-19, 2019: Pedigree International Seminar and 1st South African Savanna Goat Auction held in the USA, (seminar on the 18th, live broadcast auction on the 19th), Springfield, Missouri.
- October 4-5, 2019: NKR's Corn Country Commercial Goat Conference, Harrison County Fairgrounds, Corydon, Indiana.
- October 11, 2019, 1-4PM: USDA Sheep & Goat Sector Meeting, Washington, DC. - AGF will be attending & meeting with various congressmen that morning.
- October 15-17, 2019: 9th Annual Antibiotic Symposium, National Institute of Animal Agriculture (Communicating the Science of Responsible Antibiotic Use in Animal Agriculture), Ames Iowa.
- October 15-20, 2019: American Dairy Goat Association National Convention, Boise, Idaho.
- October 19, 2019: American Goat Federation Board Meeting at ADGA Convention, Boise, Idaho.
- October 30-November 2, 2019: FFA National Convention, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- November 9-10, 2019: Small Ruminant Management & Fiber Conference, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Learn More
- January 22-25, 2020: American Sheep Industry Annual Convention, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Febrruary 20-23, 2020: International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID) 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases (ICID), Lumpur, Malaysia. Learn More