Industry Partners make it possible for AGF to:
- Visit Congress and USDA and other agencies in Washington DC each Spring to present goat producers' concerns.
- Support National Wildlife Services and other agencies that benefit goat producers and the industry.
- Attend the APHIS Sheep & Goat Sector Meeting in the Fall each year to insure that the goat industry is receiving attention and producers needs and concerns are heard.
- Conduct the annual Producers' Seminar that is provided free-of-charge to attendees during the AGF Annual Meeting in January each year.
- Provide Webinars and Producers Seminars on industry building, health care, production management and other helpful information to support and grow the goat industry.
- Offer Outreach Educational Services to producers and collect their opinions on what is needed to aid growth of the US Goat Industry.
As you look for products for your goat operation, please consider these folks.
Mr. Stan Potratz
Stan Potratz and his wife both grew up on small (by today’s standards) Iowa farms. Their parents had gardens, chickens, pigs, cows and sheep. Stan's father switched to "organic" in the 1950s—40 years before "organic" was either popular or profitable. Stan spent his last two college years in England. After graduation (1969), he managed the college’s organic farm. They raised beef and dairy cattle, chickens, (as many as 1,200 hens), sheep, vegetables and soft fruit for the college’s kitchen. In 1977, he returned from England to the small Iowa family farm and decided to raise commercial lambs. He discovered that the excellent equipment he had used in England wasn’t available in the USA. So he imported enough for his family's use. Word spread. Soon they were supplying products nationwide. It’s now a business with 48 employees. and CEO.
Business Vision: Be a leader in providing agri-food industry with innovative products and services to track products, collect data and provide valuable information.
- Build links because information holds more value when shared.
- Make data collection easy for farmers and processors.
- Provide excellent client support to those who make use of our systems.
- Do not reinvent wheels, seek out and nurture win/win partnerships.
- Allow clients to use systems in the way that makes sense to them.
- Listen to clients and use their feedback in system design and evolution.
Go360 bioTrack – On-Farm
1. Easy on-farm data collection for beef, sheep, goat, bison and dairy farmers.
2. Fully mobile and able to operate while disconnected form internet service.
3. Supported by “farm-friendly” staff.
4. Data security, including ADT certification (one of only three Canadian companies)
5. Award winning technology (Ontario Premier’s Award, Saskatchewan AgTech)
bioLinks – Beyond the Farm Gate
1. Easy data collection for agri-food businesses.
2. Documents local products.
3. Inventory, sales and processing options.
4. Supported by “ag business friendly” staff.
5. Award winning technology (Ontario Premier’s Award).
1. Long time clients include: Province of Quebec and Leachman Cattle of Colorado.
2. First to develop an ABC (Across Breed Comparison) genetic evaluation for beef cattle.
3. Link to national sheep genetic evaluations.
4. In-house meat goat evaluations.
1. Feedlot cattle scanned on farm
2. Data analyzed to determine best ship date and market for individual animals
1. RFID tags and readers
Research and Development
1. Strong support from Ontario farm organizations
2. Over $ six million in past ten years
3. Development of data capture systems and beef Genomics.
At Allflex, we’re committed to helping people in the livestock industry use individual animal identification as a management tool. As the pace of the livestock industry accelerates, the need for accurate information gathered quickly, is increasingly important. Our challenge is to continually bring products, services and advice to the industry that create workable solutions in real-life conditions.
Allflex is the world leader in design, technology, manufacturing and delivery of animal identification for traceability systems across all production. We bring cutting-edge, practical applications of visual, electronic and radio frequency animal identification technology to livestock industries across the world, contributing to a safer global food supply.
GoatZZ and the AGF Goat Products Page provides a market place for AGF Individual and Affiliate members to sell their goats and products, and for the general public and other producers to buy goats and goat products.
Goatzz exists to support the success of the family goat farm by providing easy, affordable online marketing services — all under one roof. Goatzz offers free national goat and goat product listings, website hosting, herd health software, and more.
Stan Potratz began Premier 1 Supply when he discovered that the excellent equipment he had used in England wasn’t available in the USA. So he imported enough for his family's use. Word spread. Soon they were supplying products nationwide. Premier 1 is now a business with 48 employees. and CEO.