The research function of the American Goat Federation (AGF) is carried out within the guidelines of the by-laws and policy positions of the Federation. The Federation makes recommendations to influence the research agenda of land grant universities, USDA agricultural research service and other institutions or agencies to focus on biological, economic and social issues that impact on efficient production and profitable marketing of goat milk, meat, fiber and vegetation control services, as well as the safety of animal products.
AGF actively supports research projects that will benefit the goat industry by writing letters of support and giving input to researchers who request assistance from the federation.
- Statement of Support – California Specialist in Sheep and Goat Herd Health and Production Position:
- Research Project Support – Feasibility Study to Explore Increasing Goat Carcasses Size:
- Statement of Support – Establishing Capacity to Better Serve Hispanic and Spanish Speaking Farmers:
- Research Project Support – Determination of Copper, Zinc and Selenium Requirements for Growing Goats:
- Wildlife Services Support Ltr – Senate
- Wildlife Services Support Ltr – House of Representatives
- Goat Center Activities